A method of savescumming, in fact exists; but this is probably already known.
1. Create a new folder (outside of the IVAN folder) (I called mine IVAN savescums)
2.Start a game.
3. Hit S to save and quit, and then quit the game from the main title screen.
4. Go to "Save" in the IVAN folder, open up your "savescum folder" too.
5. Copy (not move, nor cut/paste) the files from the IVAN saves into the "savescums".
5.5. Repeat whenever you feel in the middle of your run.
6. Whenever you die, quit out of the game, then copy (not move/cut-paste, to ensure you still have a copy of that save in the savescum folder) the save files you had in the savescum folder back into the IVAN save folder.
7. Restart the game, and presto! Your old save is ready to be played right where you saved it!
"I think my associates were turned into monkeys." ~Shitty Bill