When pleased, Scabies will
- spread leprosy to all hostile, non-immune monsters on the level, but only if you are immune to diseases,
You feel a horrible disease spreading.
- if you are very hungry or worse, grant Fasting,
- if you have leprosy and are not immune to diseases, grant Disease Immunity,
- if there are any enemies nearby, spill either Poison or Sulphuric Acid on them,
- otherwise a 1-in-50 chance to summon 5 cans of school food,
- if nothing helped so far, polymorph the player into a random creature (biased toward more powerful, but see Strategy).
As all gods, Scabies will also regorw your lost limbs and has a small chance of either summoning a friendly angel as a pet for you, or giving you a random item attached to Her (such as weeping blades, Acid Shields, wands of polymorph and more).
When angry, Scabies will
- force the player to eat a LOT of school food (causing heavy poisoning) and lower their AStr and Dex by 1 point, or
You feel your muscles softening terribly...
- infect the player with leprosy, or
Scabies unleashes a horrible sickness upon you!
- poison the player for anywhere between 18 and 30 minutes.
Scabies unleashes all her fury upon you!
As all gods, Scabies can also summon a hostile angel when extremely angry.
Found randomly, as Scabies has no guaranteed altars.
- Scabies offers several useful status effects. Especially the immunity to diseases can make your life easier when fighting against zombies and constantly getting infected.
- Her area attack varies in power depending whether the monster is splashed with the relatively slow-acting poison, or the acid which will quickly destroy any armor the enemy wears and melt their limbs off.
- Scabies' polymorph effect transforms the player into a creature between the danger levels of 2500 and 10000 for anywhere between 1000 and 2000 ticks.
- Scabies takes name after the Latin word for "itch", which is also used for a disease. Pestilentia then means "plague" or "pestilence".
- Her negative effect does in fact make you eat actual school food, along with all the effects that brings.
- Prior to v055, a prayer to Scabies always spread leprosy and didn't offer Disease Immunity, making her worship rather awkward as you would end up getting infected all the time.