Science-talking is the act of talking to a monster and engaging in a conversation with it, which eventually improves your intelligence and wisdom. The monster must be friendly or tame. Most monsters can be used for science talking, but the more intelligent they are the more higher stats you must have to make them have a talk with you.
Whom To Talk To
The following table sums up the most common monsters requirements and attribute gains.
|Int Gain||Wis Gain||Name of character||Int Req||Wis Req|
|Underwater Tunnels/Gloomy Caves|
|+||Apprentice Dark Mage||10||5|
|++||#||Greater Dark Frog||15||10|
|+++||##||Giant Dark Frog||20||15|
|++++||###||Mystic Dark Frog||25||15|
|++++||###||Elder Dark Mage||35||25|
|++++||##||Haathbar the librarian||20||10|
|#||Greater Light Frog||10||20|
|+||##||Giant Light Frog||15||25|
|++||###||Mystic Light Frog||20||30|
|++++++||######||Female Dolphin in Season||50||50|
|++||*** (Cha)||Richel Decos the imperialist||10||15 (Cha)|
|+++||####||Kaethos the village elder||10||15|
For a general idea of how much of an increase you can expect from a given creature:
- 2 stars ~ 1/2 point
- 3 stars ~ 1 point
- 4 stars ~ 2 points
Creatures with no stars still increase your attributes, but with rather negligible results.
How To Do It
So a general progression could be as follows (note that some areas overlap):
- 10-20 int/wis: Talk to losers (banana growers, dog, mistresses, farmers, etc.), read holy books and simple scrolls, sacrifice and pray.
- 15 wis: Talk to Kaethos, he's awesome.
- 20 int: Talk to Haathbar, he's awsome as well.
- 20-30 wis: Talk to the light frogs in the cathedral.
- 20-40 wis: Talk to angels - keep offering items to get extremely pleased gods; any offering may spawn an angel. Since even cheap item works, sacrifice everything.
- 10-35 int: Tame and chat with dungeon monsters - make friends with mages, necromancers and frogs.
- 40+ wisdom: Spawn an archangel and she'll kick up your wisdom another four points. Spawn another, this is hard.
- 50 int and 50 wis : Chat with all the dolphins in the cathedral. This can boost your Int and Wis as high as to 80's.
- Tamed enemies mostly increase intelligence.
- The Banana Growers are good but have a pretty low chance of talking(2%). Kaethos the village elder is awesome. Richel Decos the imperialist has a 15 charisma requirement and improves charisma.
- Every time science talking occurs, you are awarded a small ammount of charisma. It takes about 500 science talks to gain a whole charisma point.
- Science talking is like squeezing a lemon - the first time you do it it yields the most, but there's always a little more juice left inside. Consecutive science talks will also yield some experience, but it will be just a fraction of the initial boost.