Search Results
Searched for posts by fejoa in all forums

Showing results 31 - 40 out of 983 total
Modify your search
Posted by fejoa, Mar 22, 2020 at 7:10 pm
Hi winsalot! Welcome to the forum.

red_kangaroo wrote
Maybe zero or NULL volume got passed to the Forge Item recipe when you escaped from it and that caused a segfault?

I love the way your IVAN dev work over the years has made you into a great programming guru Holybanana always wanted IVAN to be a vehicle for others to learn C/C++
Posted by fejoa, Mar 18, 2020 at 3:12 pm
Right now there is some discussion going on about reducing the default size of the IVAN world map. The current size is 128x128 which is quite big, given that most of the world map is largely inaccessible. New players also often find their characters starving to death looking for a place to go.
One proposal is to reduce the default world size to 64x64. This could be made configurable, either a choice of three or four sizes (128x128, 96x96, 64x64, or 32x32), or a slider bar from 32x32 to 128x128.

Another request is to optionally choose between a pangea world and several continents (what we have now). This is because the number of new worldmap locations has increased recently.
The idea is to make a pangea the default world style so that players both old and new can easily reach every location on the world map, but that players that prefer the current style can configure this to "classic".

There is an issue on github here: https://github.com/Attnam/ivan/issues/584 and please feel free to offer your suggestions below as well.
Posted by fejoa, Mar 16, 2020 at 4:25 pm
Thanks r-k! Sixty eight downloads and no complaints yet...
Posted by fejoa, Mar 15, 2020 at 9:37 pm
A new IVAN release is available here: https://github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases/tag/v058
Posted by fejoa, Mar 2, 2020 at 4:02 pm
TheMasterGear wrote
It works perfectly with that fix, thank you!

Thanks, I'm glad it worked. It's a rare thing, Sophos be praised.

I wonder whether multiple configurations can be supported in visual studio?
Posted by fejoa, Feb 28, 2020 at 1:23 pm
In your local copy of CMakeSettings.json, try changing this line: https://github.com/Attnam/ivan/blob/913b9650edd0c9de4082c6ad...

To:
 "generator": "Visual Studio 16 2019",
Posted by fejoa, Feb 27, 2020 at 1:58 am
Batman? wrote
i have seen this happen before as far back as .50

God this cracked me up
Posted by fejoa, Jan 28, 2020 at 8:08 pm
Time for my annual *idea*:
I wonder if we could make scars have a 50% chance of decreasing a stat, and a 50% chance of increasing a stat?

As an extension, there could be some underwater modifier that changes this ratio to 25/75, depending on how fortunate a character is when born/spawned (sporn?)
i.e.:
VERY_FORTUNATE => 25% chance a scar will decrease stat, 75% chance a scar will increase stat
FORTUNATE => 40% chance a scar will decrease stat, 60% chance a scar will increase stat
UNFORTUNATE => 60% chance a scar will decrease stat, 40% chance a scar will increase stat
VERY_UNFORTUNATE => 75% chance a scar will decrease stat, 25% chance a scar will increase stat
Posted by fejoa, Jan 10, 2020 at 5:19 am
JoKe wrote
Having two x2 stack into a x3 still doesn't feel right IMO. Doing the Tweraif ending is practically just busywork after successfully grabbing and returning with the veil, and isn't really comparable to taking on Petrus for the chaos ending. Adding a static bonus score X for completing a quest seems more in line to me with the multiplier only being determined by the ending you get.

Static bonus seems like the best option. Either that or add the square root of the subsequent victory score.

Batman? wrote
IMHO the mutual exclusivity of the various quests is kind of lame. I dont like how you cant do both. why can the high priest of petrus then go kick the asses of the armies of chaos?

But what would be the victory condition after the high priest victory? Do we register the score at that point and stop counting, or keep adding to the score?
After all the quests have been achieved, I guess the only thing left would be for the character to die. That would definitely be in keeping with the game
Posted by fejoa, Jan 9, 2020 at 1:10 am
No I don't think they stack unfortunately. They should though. I think that would be cool.