The entrance will always be located somewhere on the fourth level and look roughly like this:
The four guards will not attack you unless provoked, but neither will they assist you unless you have tamed them.
The level is completely safe. Unless a monster follows you from the level above or below, the entire level will be void of hostiles. You can run around looting whatever you please from the deserted rooms - just don't steal from the Vault or the shop unless you're prepared for the consequences.
- Khorocko's smithy - Much like smithy in Attnam, you can have metal-based items repaired for a fee here.
- Crow's Shop - Like Merka, he has a non-aggression pact with the local monsters and a budget of 3000 gold. His shop is larger than average.
- Secret room - There is a small room somewhere in the first level that appears to be a caved-in passage. It is not surrounded by metal walls unlike the Chest Rooms. Your best bet is to use a scroll of detect material and search for either lanterns (glass) or Sol Stones (obsidian).
- Vault - A privately-owned fortress that is guarded by a formidable array of dwarven guards, kamikaze dwarves of Loricatus, and Enquiox. Denim the vault keeper is 'investing' the two artifacts found there: the Shirt of the Golden Jaguar and the Blessed Shield of the Phoenix.
The levels below Kahraz-Arad have interesting characteristics and creatures:
- GC17 - A very unique level where the entrance to the next lower level is completely surrounded by a moat, which cannot be crossed except by levitation or teleporting.
- GC18 - Populated entirely by a variety of Carnivorous Plants.
- Genefourx Lair - A watery level swarming with all manner of carnivorous plants including the biggest and nastiest one. Destroy it to stop new plants generating, much like UT3.