Large, vicious and able to grow seemingly everywhere, carnivorous plants are a common sight in IVAN.
Carnivorous plants come in 3 different clearly defined classes: regular, greater and giant each tougher than the last. Carnivorous plants also come in a variety of colours, each randomly assigned within their class.
Carnivorous plants are unable to move on their own due to being rooted into the ground. However, they can somehow be teleported safely and are able to move normally if they gain levitation (usually from magical mushroom gas.)
Due to the unique way in which carnivorous plants are spawned by Genetrix Vesana their stats can vary. Thusly, the following statistics are purely provisional.
|Random Stats||Permanent States|
|Size||100||Infravision, Rooted, Plant|
|Greater Carnivorous Plant|
|Random Stats||175||Permanent States|
|Size||175||Infravision, Rooted, Plant|
|Random Stats||250||Permanent States|
|Size||250||Infravision, Enormous, Rooted, Plant|
Genetrix Vesana was the result of crossbreeding a carnivorous plant and a pineapple tree, and happens to drop pineapples. Since carnivorous plants drop kiwis it could be surmised that carnivorous plants were originally kiwifruit plants.
Random RGB colour values for carnivorous plants are calculated as follows:
- Normal: (random# 0-100 | 125 + random# 0-125 | random# 0-100)
- This makes regular carnivorous plants predominantly shades of green.
- Greater: (random# 0-100 | random# 0-100 | 125 + random# 0-125)
- This makes greater carnivorous plants predominantly shades of blue to purple.
- Giant: (125 + random# 0-125 | 125 + random# 0-125 | random# 0-100)
- This makes giant carnivorous plants predominantly shades of orange to yellow.