Some ideas for regular items did not make it into IVAN. This page lists these items as found in the source files.
See also Proposed artifacts.
- Baseball bat
- Machete - possibly did additional damage to limbs?
- Shield of reflection - reverses the direction of incoming magic beams
- Steam-powered flamethrower
- Knuckles - probably fist weapons to take advantage of the Unarmed skill
- Mutant armor - grants acid immunity, spills acid and polymorphs nearby monsters, but also inflicts permanent lycanthropy, parasites, and leprosy
- Night vision goggles - grant infravision
- Sandals of Hermes - levitation
- Spiked gauntlets - possibly also fist weapons, but worn instead of equipped
- Amulet of improbability - causes various odd things to happen
- Amulet of unchanging - prevents polymorphing and any changes to stats
- Cloak of displacement - would randomly teleport the player when hit
- Ring of conflict - unknown use
- Athelas or Kingsfoil - an incredibly potent healing herb. From The Lord of the Rings, it is primarily used to cure those affected by black breath, a condition contracted from contact with Nazguls. Said to increase in potency when used by a king
- Cram - a very boring, chewy biscuit-like food also featured in The Lord of the Rings
- Lembas - Elven bread that increases in potency the longer you eat it and nothing else (also from LoTR)
- The Brass Serpent named Nehustan - merely looking at this item would cure poison
- Is - An odd stack of items that is initially worth a lot of money, but halves its quantity now and then. Mockery of ADOM's Si
- Vodka bottle of plenty - presumably provided an unlimited amount of vodka to drink
- Wand of excrement - self explanatory
- Wand of petrification - would change the target's material to stone
These items are labelled as inside jokes from the devs. As such, their origins and meanings are long lost.
- Blessed Boxer-shorts of Protection from Elpuri
- Holy Toesocks
- Windows 95 Master CD