Your brain is on fire!
Mind worms are horrible creatures with dangerous psychic powers. They come in two varieties: weaker hatchlings and more powerful boil.
Mind worms attack from afar with psi blasts, causing 1 damage to the head and prolonged confusion. This may not seem too bad, but given how your head tends to have very little HP and that mind worms only need to sense you through their ESP to kill you even through walls, they are a priority target. However, as tin helmets block ESP, wearing one will make all mind worms a non-threat.
If mind worm boil gets next to an enemy, it will attempt to burrow into their skull and lay eggs. Hatchlings will later spew forth from the victim's head.
You have a killer headache.
Stats and Equipment
|Wisdom||15||Eating, Vomiting, cannot open door, immune to stickiness, can swim|
|Random Stats||-||Permanent States|
*) Left stats are for mind worm hatchlings, right for mind worm boil.
- Mind worms are horrible creatures from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, where they are known to strike fear into armies for their ability to paralyze opponents from a distance with psi blasts, then burrow into their skull and make them suffer from delusions and nightmares until the worm finishes consuming their brain or laying ravenous larvae.
- Two other variants of mind worm exist in Alpha Centauri:
- Isle of the Deep is an undersea colony of aquatic mind worms.
- Locusts of Chiron are flying mind worms.
- Mind worm boil are meant to be colonies of smaller mind worms, rather than bigger worms as currently implemented.