I noticed there has been a lack of "challenges" for a long time (e.g. since the bananator challenge) So I decided to think up one of my own.
Here are the rules:
1) The only weapons you are allowed to use are daggers, or in LIVAN, main gauches as well, dual wielded with a lantern
2) The only armour you are allowed to wear is a cloak which can be enchanted as you like, and can have X resistance, The only other armour you can use is boots.
3) Until you find a cloak, a leather/hardened leather armor is acceptable, but must be dropped upon finding a cloak, regardless of its properties.
4) You can use a short sword up until coming across a dagger if none is to be found.
5) The dagger and lantern can be hardened, changed or enchanted as you see fit, as can the cloak and boots.
6) ARTIFICIAL LIMBS ARE ALLOWED
7) You can never run unless panicked.
All scrolls are allowed, with the exception of the Golem Creation scroll.
9) Praying to gods is allowed, but using their weapons and armour is not allowed, unless they are in accordance with the rules. Silva's wolves are allowed, as are angels.
10) Saal' thul counts as a dagger
11) NO WIZARD MODE
These rules have been made in accordance to the way a Tonberry (a final fantasy character) would behave. Advice as to improvements will be accepted.
THE AIM OF THE GAME:
Your aim is to get as far as possible into IVAN whilst in accordance to the above rules. Another aim is to get the best (Highest-ranked material, and most enchanted) dagger, lantern, boots and cloak, each of which will be judged seperately. Resistances will not be taken into consideration (e.g. a +20 leather cloak of fire resistance is not judged better than a +21 leather cloak)
For the judgement of the above, you must take a screenshot of when you die, showing your inventory. It must be the full screen.
Also, there will be judging of who has the best equipment at each major point in the game, so take screen shots showing your equipment when you beat Genetrix, Rachel Decos (if you can and want to), The Werewolf, Enner, Elpuri, Oree
and Petrus (even more
Named monsters also count, but you will only be credited for having defeated them first, equipment at the time is not relevant.
FURTHEST INTO THE GAME:
BEST OVERALL EQUIPMENT UPON DEATH:
BEST DAGGER UPON DEATH:
BEST LANTERN UPON DEATH:
BEST CLOAK UPON DEATH:
BEST BOOTS UPON DEATH:
BEST EQUIPMENT PER MAJOR POINT
Ok everyone, have fun! And I hope that people actually like the idea of this challenge and actually give it a go...[/u]
If people actually give it a go, I plan to run this till new year.