CLIVAN stands for "Continuation of Lampshade's Iter Vehemens Ad Necem"
The sourceforge page is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/clivan/
The source code has been released under GPL v2 in an SVN repository.
A release has been made available, based on the revision 5 code.
The game is based on LIVAN, hence the name CLIVAN.
This work has been in progress over the last year and has undergone sporadic development, with more focussed development taking place over the last six months. The development has been getting out of hand lately, and so a decision has been made to shore up the stable parts of the code and release those parts.
So what does this mean for CLIVAN in the near future? I would love people to test it out and see if there are any major oversights that need fixing up, so the release can be stabilised.
Developments have been modest and has been restricted to a new dungeon, new jokes, familiar jokes and unfamiliar characters. Below is a list of what's new since LIVAN:
- The Deep Forest - Go there for some new adventures
- Muntuo - Where dwells a peculiar character new to the game
- The Tomb of Xinroch - Spooky sounding, but sadly, reserved for future development
- Fruit Bat
- Fire Fox
- Forest Men
- Levitating Hattifatteners
- Giant Eagles
- High Priestess of Scabies
- Goblin Prison Warden
- Prison guards
- A Mango grower
- Priest of Solicitus
- Thin Pig
- Starved Ox
- Goblin Warlocks
- Orc Shamans
- Kobold Alchemists
- Rookie kamikaze Dwarfs
- Grenadier Dwarfs
- Ambulatory mushrooms
- Bare-hands doctors
- Noxious Orchids
- An underground resistance group in the deep forest
- A goblin jail
- An atheist god, who art above Valpurus
- The constitution of Independent Tweraif
- Klein bottles
- Maps - these reveal locations in the worldmap
- Mango tree seedlings
- Monographs of Atheism
- Eptyron, a named axe (people complained that there was no serious artifact axe)
- Pentagonal keys
- The Holy Mango of Oren Ordent (guess who this is named after
- Wards that prevent teleportation into certain rooms
- Milestones - these are used instead of staircases to get around in the deep forest
- Filthy Tunic
- Scroll of Fireballs
- Vampirism - Can drain energy with bite attacks, but stats quickly deteriorate
- Detecting - like teleportitis, but instead it comes up with the "detect material" message
- Characters that can sweat now produce an amount of sweat proportional to endurance as: Volume = long(.05 * sqrt(GetBodyVolume() * GetAttribute(ENDURANCE) / 10));
- Added a new victory condition with a score weighting of 1x, which ties in the Forest Arc with the liberation of Tweraif.
- Repaired confdef.h by changing #define ANTITODE_LIQUID (LIQUID_ID + 9) to #define ANTIDOTE_LIQUID (LIQUID_ID + 9)
- Function Slow() now gives temp state SLOWED instead of HASTED
- Added material softening algorithm
- "SoftenedMaterial" in material configs of material.dat to facilitate the alchemist
- Added an algorithm for AI to zap wands with, based on throwing algorithm.
- Added a way to change the player's sweat material through char.h
- Added milder acid liquid VINEGAR
- Added liquid material: Liquid Horror with EFFECT_PANIC
- Added Vladimir and Ivan image by blob to IVAN_LEVEL entering screen
- Added throwing algorithm and a pick-up-items-to-throw algorithm for the AI