Finally gave CLIVAN a try, I'm not quite sure the balance is just right yet:
Screwed up with the equipment pic, had +8-9 valpurium everything with (accidentally) valpurium Mjolak +11 and Neerc Se-Ulb +10 for Petrus. By far my most powerful character ever; I was basically invincible by the end.
- The added content is highly focused on the early-mid game, which basically just lead to much more loot with little risk.
- Likewise, after hitting the danger level soft cap (topping out at elite dark knights, orc generals and whip champions), there's nothing more dangerous to face. Sherry fell on the second level of the dwarven branch, after which there just weren't any truly dangerous NPCs to face (not counting Izzy, who still didn't want to spawn). Needless to say this got boring fast.
- While I can't be sure, the danger level scaling seemed a bit low compared to 0.50. I was toting valpurium gear around by GC7 and barely had even apprentice dark magi spawn.
- Clearing GC5 before finding the ommel blood quest prevents you from completing it.
- What's up with Mellis' school food rate? Only got one can during the entire run.
- holy fuck that Eptyron is annoying to fight against
The deep forest was very enjoyable though a bit on the easy side after GC5; I was probably overequipped for it already. Having a guaranteed wand of cloning from the mushroom boss was rather nice as well - you're less dependent on luck for a successful run.