I need help compiling Ivan_Master
The Cathedral of Attnam >
General IVAN Discussion
Aug 23, 2017, 5:45 pm
I'm using Windows 10, and I have no idea what to do. Please help!
Aug 23, 2017, 10:33 pm
1) Use MinGW to produce an executable (difficulty = hard)
2) Use msys2 to build a thingee that will let you run IVAN (difficulty = moderately hard)
3) Use Visual Studio somehow (difficulty = unbelievably hard)
4) Create a vitual machine using Oracle VM Virtualbox or similar, load a Linux distribution like Debian or Ubuntu or whichever, and then pull the IVAN repo from git and compile and run (difficulty = easy)
5) Dispense with Windows and install Linux (difficulty = easiest)
Aug 24, 2017, 12:59 am
I'm just doing this 'cuz I assume it has more gameplay and stuff. IS that true?
Aug 24, 2017, 3:55 am
There's a Windows exe on the releases page, compiled last December.
There should be a September release next month, once Red's latest changes get merged in.
EDIT: Sorry I didn't answer your question, yes there is most definitely more stuff : D
Aug 24, 2017, 11:30 am
Nice. Can't wait for more content!
Aug 28, 2017, 10:33 am
A few things to look forward to:
* Two new bosses, a secret one and a less secret one!
* Expanded Attnam (and its underground)!
* Many new dialogue lines and more in-game stories!
* New music!
* Siren songs and more...
Mar 1, 2018, 5:19 pm
So... after the last merge with new sound effects, I get a fatal error on compiling with CMake. It stops at message.h, stating that no "SDL_mixer.h" exists. I see that fejoa did something with "SDL2_mixer" in his pull request.
Is this a simple typo in message.h, or am I doing something wrong/missing something? Any thoughts?
Mar 1, 2018, 9:02 pm
You'll have to install SDL2 mixer on your system.
brew install sdl2_mixer
apt-get install libsdl2-mixer-dev
yum.. probably something similar
Mar 2, 2018, 2:20 am
EDIT: It works.