I'd bet that a graphical map editor would encourage a lot more people to contribute maps! The actual maps themselves aren't bad but then assigning properties to all the different tiles and etc. can be a pain.
Well would you look at that I found an old """map editor""" I used for my project which stores maps in plaintext and doesn't look like it needs much to be reworked. I'm on the job*!
2. It works in a way that, for example, having better relations with Cleptia gives a better chance of disarming with the Whip Of Thievery, same goes with Scabies & polymorphing with the Chameleon Whip, and Dulcis and taming with the lyre of charm. I think that better relations give a slightly better chance of being granted an item from the deity. Seges' and Silva's feeding definately won't be more satiating than they already are.
3. It really is a matter of preference. Many people like Atavus+Valpurus, I like the Seges-Dulcis-Silva-Loricatus-Mellis-Nefas spectrum, others rely on the evil gods + mellis, etc. Learn all the effects and decide for yourself...
4. Scabies will replace with natural, albeit inferior limbs (check out the message).
A pet better than a mistress warlady is a mistress warlady equipped in some kind of better armor and/or tugged around long enough to be more hardy. Or even just a torturing chief - in 20 prayers it's a safe bet to get at least one from Nefas.
Strong enough melee is of course a basic way, but the key to utilising it is using 's'earch as they get closer so they'll "have less time" and don't get that free attack they are likely to use if waiting for them with '.'
In a very, very desperate situation (like when you're wounded, out of teleports and she has +12 whips), you might want to mirror yourself first.
1. Typically in the game a very strongly enchanted AoGH will make the spawning of very powerful monsters more probable. However if we are talking about an ultimate fighter, we'd take the latter because if it would be as "low" as +5, it would be a huge boost on the hitpoints.
2. It doesn't mean more attacks per turn. If you want to attack more often (or attack-move-attack etc., generally have more actions), greater agility is the key.
3. I'm no expert on whips, I'll pass this one!
4. Outside of wizard mode, You can't wish for ommel snot/change something's material into it. You should experiment with either getting hurt near-death and recovering (which trains Endurance) or school food - find a way to get lots of it and experiment.
Currently in 0.50, there are some enemies which are rather equipment-dependent than brute force-dependent when it comes to fighting them. What would be a perfect weapon setup still is subject to discussion here at the forums...